Effective Date: October 26, 2020
Welcome to the website of Chargeback Gurus (“CBG” “we,” “us” and/or “our”). This Privacy Statement explains our online privacy practices regarding the use, collection, and disclosure of Personal Data. We encourage you to read this entire Privacy Statement before using or submitting any Personal Data through the Site. Visitors (“visitors,” “users,” “you” or “your”) are encouraged to read this entire Privacy Statement before using or submitting any Personal Data through our Site.
Links to Other Sites
This website may contain links to other websites that may offer information of interest to you. Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to the privacy practices of those linked sites. Any personal information you choose to provide on those linked sites will be governed by the privacy policies of those sites. Before using the linked websites, please review their privacy policies to understand how they use and protect your personal information.
Use by Minors
This site is not intended for use by individuals in the US under the age of 18. If you fall within an age restriction, we ask that you not provide any Personal Data through this site. If you are a parent or legal guardian and a minor under your care has provided any Personal Data through this site, you may request that we remove such Personal Data by submitting a request as explained below under “Contact Us.”
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Our website may collect Personal Data, which is information that either directly identifies you or could reasonably be used in combination with other information to identify you. Examples of Personal Data that directly identify you include your name, contact information, email address, and other information in combination with such identifiers. This website may also collect Personal Data that does not directly identify you by name or contact information, but which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device has accessed our website.
Personal Data You Provide Us
This website may allow you to submit Personal Data for various reasons, such as to access content or features, registration for events, or to contact us with your questions or requests. We may ask you to provide certain Personal Data depending on the type of activity or communication in which you are engaged. Such Personal Data may include:
- Contact Information. We collect this information to be able to communicate with you. This information may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, age range, and other information you provide on our website. Where we solicit this information, we will explain how the information you provide is to be used and ask for your consent to such uses.
- Interests and Preferences. This information helps us understand your interest in our products and services so that we can best serve you. This information may include contact preferences, languages, marketing preferences and demographic data. In some cases, we collect this information pursuant to your consent. In other cases, we collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
- Transaction History. This information helps us fulfill services you request and respond to your inquiries. It also helps us to understand your interests and preferences. This information includes how you interact with us and use our websites, purchase and correspondence history, and customer account information. Where you have purchased a product or service from us, we use this information to perform our agreement with you. In other cases, we collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
Automatically Collected Data
When you use or interact with the Site, the following information is automatically logged in our systems. We use this information to secure our websites, network systems, and other assets. We collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), domain and host from which you accessed the internet, browser type, operating system, and settings, the date and time of your access, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
Please do not send or disclose to us through this Site, social media, email, physical mail, during telephone conversations or any other form of communication with us any sensitive Personal Data unless we specifically ask for it. Examples of sensitive Personal Data include Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual.
Third Party Sources
We may collect Personal Data about you from third party sources with which you interact to add to the information that you provide, or which is automatically collected by the Site, as explained above. This supplemental information allows us to enhance our ability to provide you with content that better meets your interests.
Online social media platforms allow users to interact with others, including sharing information, content, and images. We may offer social media platforms or interact with platforms offered on third party sites. We may collect information about you to facilitate your use of such social media platforms. If you use such social media platforms, you acknowledge that we may be able to access any information you make public through such sites and other information you allow us to have through use of privacy settings on such third party sites.
How We Use Your Personal Data:
We may use your Personal Data as necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- For administrative maintenance of the website, such as to authenticate Site visitors and provide access to the Site.
- To provide information or respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information.
- To provide you with further information about CBG and its products through advertising across multiple channels including but not limited to email, direct mail, digital advertising, telephone, and other advertising channels.
- To identify you and prevent further unwanted processing if you request it and applicable law allows it.
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuse of our products or services, and ensure the security of our computer systems, architecture, and networks; and
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including to (1) pursue legitimate business purposes, (2) while we have a contractual or business relationship with you, (3) to resolve disputes or establish legal defenses, (4) conduct audits, (5) enforce our agreements, and (6) as required by law (e.g. for regulatory reporting, legal, tax, accounting or other purposes), whichever period is the longer. To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data collected, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
It is CBG’s objective to maintain reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have concerns about the security of your Personal Data, please contact our data protection team at email@example.com.
Update Your Information
If you need to access or correct your Personal Data, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will address your request in accordance with applicable law.
What are Cookies?
A “cookie” is a small data file sent to your browser by a website you visit and subsequently stored on your browser. Cookies help to make your experience on our site easier. For example, if you register or log in, cookies will remember your username to make future log in easier. They can also remember your customized user preferences so that you receive information on our Site in ways that you like. Cookies also help us better understand how many visitors use our Site and what pages they are visiting (known as “traffic data”), to help us improve our Site.
Some cookies expire after a certain amount of time or upon logging out (session cookies); others remain on your computer or terminal device for a longer period (persistent cookies). Our Site uses first party cookies (cookies set directly by CBG) as well as third party cookies (set by others), as described below.
The Site uses the technologies described below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We also use a cookie to record when a user has agreed to the cookie consent banner.
We use “analytics” cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. These cookies provide us only with anonymous traffic data (like number of page views, number of visitors, and time spent on each page). These cookies may also allow us to track how often posts on third party websites, such as social media sites, are clicked on.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
The Site and our business may change from time to time. As a result, we may change this Privacy Statement at any time and when we do, we will post an updated version on this page and change the “Effective Date” date above, unless another type of notice is required by the applicable law. You should consult this Privacy Statement regularly for any changes. By continuing to use the Site or providing us with information after we have posted an updated Privacy Statement, or notified you if applicable, you consent to the revised Privacy Statement and practices described in it.
Transfer of Personal Data — International Users
CBG is based in the United States. If you are accessing our Site from the European Union, United Kingdom, Switzerland or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your Personal Data will be transmitted to our servers and/or those of our service providers located in the United States as necessary to provide you with the information that you requested, administer our agreement with you, or to respond to your requests as described in this Privacy Statement. The United States may have data protection laws that are different than the laws in effect in the country in which you are located. Where we transfer your Personal Data out of the EU, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection and your rights continue to be protected.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about CBG’s Privacy Statement or the information practices on this Site. You may contact us as follows:
By email to email@example.com or
By postal mail to:
Attention: Privacy Officer
8951 Collin McKinney Pkwy #1001
McKinney, TX 75070